Children’s Hospital Education Research Institute (CHERI) 21st annual conference: “Improving student learning through well-being”, 25th – 26th May 2017, Parramatta RSL The importance of a well-being to students’ learning and.. read more
Wellbeing Australia is a not-for-profit Network* of people and organizations committed to developing the healthy relationships that lead to individual and community wellbeing, especially in education. This means:
- Values of care, respect, responsibility, understanding, inclusion and friendship;
- Relationships based on consideration, compassion, collaboration and participation – not power and control;
- Actively promoting social and emotional competencies for individuals, groups and school organizations;
- School connectedness for more effective learning environments;
- Developing resilience;
- Putting positive and community psychology into practice;
- Dealing respectfully with conflict, challenging situations and difficult behaviour, including restorative approaches;
- Personal and professional integrity and ethical behaviour;
- Developing leadership capacities to maximise participation for organisational wellbeing.
Wellbeing Australia fully supports the Safe Schools Coalition. ALL young people deserve to be safe from bullying, harassment and victimisation, whatever their sexual orientation.
We aim to share information on what is happening in Australasia, link with similar organisations here and around the world, and encourage others to join us.
More on the About Us page.
See Wellbeing Australia’s Position Statement on Education here – and share with others.
Get our Newsletters: Our newsletters highlight events, stories, research and practices to promote wellbeing in our communities. We welcome your contributions. Share what you know with others. Please join the Wellbeing Australia more-than-3000 subscriber mailing list by clicking on “Register” at the foot of any page, and responding to the email you will subsequently get from MailChimp. Give your real name, state, and email address. The email address will also be your username for contributing to this site, and you will receive regular newsletters (about four a year) alerting you to what is new and upcoming.
If you support what we are trying to do, please consider donating a few dollars from time to time to help us carry on this work. You can do this by going to the “Support Us” page.